Major 2014 Town Projects and Activities
Special note--the contract for the construction of a 40 x 50 sand/salt shed was awarded to Wood Construction on Monday, April 20, 2015. There were three sealed bids submitted. Tim Wood, owner of Wood Construction, was the low bidder and is a resident in the Town of Rutland. Construction will be completed by fall to accept delivery of sand and salt.
- A building committee was formed with 7 representatives from the board and planning commission, clerk, treasurer, and 5 residents.
- The radio tower petition was presented
- The new addition to the Rutland Center Cemetery was platted and named the Anthony Addition
- Brooklyn Fire Department was incorporated.
- Annual meeting in April and September. Attendance 150 and 200 respectively.
- Roadwork--Starr School, reconstruct. Seal coat of Bigelow, Old Stone, W. Rutland, Oak Ridge. Culverts placed on Windmill
- Dale Beske, Town Chair, resigned. Jeanette Walker, Supervisor, appointed to complete the term.
- Mark Porter, Planning Commission Member, appointed to fill Jeanette Walker's Supervisor term.
- Implements of Husbandry--no action which is going with state guidelines.
- Joint meetings continue with the Oregon Fire/EMS and Quad Towns
- Focus On Energy. New energy efficient lighting was installed in all town buildings. Cost $1500. After grants, the town paid $588.
- Salt shed was approved at November meeting
- Mueller property on Hwy 138 was rezoned to allow a landscaping business.
- Upgrades to town hall include new garage door panels, back entry door, and gutters
- The 2014 Annual Report is now included in the navagation section on the left side of this homepage.
2015 SPRING ELECTION
September 8, 2015
• Town Board
September 9, 2015
October 5, 2015
• Town Board
October 6, 2015
Town Board Minutes
• Nov. 25, 2014 Hearing
• Jan. 6, 2015
• January 20, 2015
• Feb.3, 2015
• Mar.3, 2015
• April 9, 2015
• April 20, 2015
• April 21, 2015
• May 5, 2015
• June 2, 2015
• July 7, 2015
• August 4, 2015
2014 Minutes Archive