TOWN OF RUTLAND OPEN BOOK
The Town of Rutland Open Book will be held at the
Rutland Town Hall, 785 Center Rd., on Tuesday, July 21,
2015 from 4:00 p.m. until 6:00 p.m. Open Book is an
informal meeting with the assessor to ask questions and
review assessment records. Property Owners are
encouraged to attend this Open Book to verify the
assessment of their property.
Tuesday, July 21, 2015
4:00 P.M. TO 6:00 P.M.
Published July 9, 2015 Dawn George, Clerk
TOWN OF RUTLAND BOARD OF REVIEW
Notice is hereby given that the Board of Review for the Town of Rutland, Dane County,
Wisconsin, shall hold its first meeting on Tuesday, July 28, 2015, starting at 6:00 p.m., at
the Rutland Town Hall, 785 Center Road, Stoughton WI 53589.
TUESDAY, JULY 28, 2015 6:00 P.M.
785 CENTER ROAD
Please be advised of the following requirements to appear before the board of review and
procedural requirements if appearing before the board:
- No person will be allowed to appear before the board of review, to testify to the board by
telephone, or to contest the amount of any assessment of real or personal property if the
person has refused a reasonable written request by certified mail of the assessor to view
Major 2014 Town Projects and Activities
Special note--the contract for the construction of a 40 x 50 sand/salt shed was awarded to Wood Construction on Monday, April 20, 2015. There were three sealed bids submitted. Tim Wood, owner of Wood Construction, was the low bidder and is a resident in the Town of Rutland. Construction will be completed by fall to accept delivery of sand and salt.
- A building committee was formed with 7 representatives from the board and planning commission, clerk, treasurer, and 5 residents.
- The radio tower petition was presented
- The new addition to the Rutland Center Cemetery was platted and named the Anthony Addition
- Brooklyn Fire Department was incorporated.
- Annual meeting in April and September. Attendance 150 and 200 respectively.
- Roadwork--Starr School, reconstruct. Seal coat of Bigelow, Old Stone, W. Rutland, Oak Ridge. Culverts placed on Windmill
- Dale Beske, Town Chair, resigned. Jeanette Walker, Supervisor, appointed to complete the term.
- Mark Porter, Planning Commission Member, appointed to fill Jeanette Walker's Supervisor term.
- Implements of Husbandry--no action which is going with state guidelines.
- Joint meetings continue with the Oregon Fire/EMS and Quad Towns
- Focus On Energy. New energy efficient lighting was installed in all town buildings. Cost $1500. After grants, the town paid $588.
- Salt shed was approved at November meeting
- Mueller property on Hwy 138 was rezoned to allow a landscaping business.
- Upgrades to town hall include new garage door panels, back entry door, and gutters
- The 2014 Annual Report is now included in the navagation section on the left side of this homepage.
The Collection Center will be open regular hours of 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. on July 4th.
• Planning Commission
July 6, 2015
• Town Board
July 7, 2015
• Town of Rutland Open Book
July 21, 4:00-6:00 p.m.
• Town Board of Review
July 28, 6:00 p.m.
• Planning Commission
August 3, 2015
• Town Board
August 4, 2015
Town Board Minutes
• Nov. 25, 2014 Hearing
• Jan. 6, 2015
• January 20, 2015
• Feb.3, 2015
• Mar.3, 2015
• April 9, 2015
• April 20, 2015
• April 21, 2015
• May 5, 2015
• June 2, 2015
2014 Minutes Archive